The hill-top fortress overlooks the palaces and the old town of amber. It was built by maharaja jai singh 2nd in 1726 and is among the few fortresses of medieval india, which are still preserved, almost intact. Within its rugged bastions are beautiful palaces, well maintained gardens, granary and a tall watch tower. The star attraction is the ‘Jai Ban’ cannon, which is considered to be the world’s biggest cannon on wheels. It has a twenty feet long barrel, while the wheels are nine feet in diameter. For a single shot from the cannon, a minimum of 100 kg. gun powder is required.